Charlotte Raven and the Feminist Times team are pleased to announce the eagerly-awaited launch of their website, at 9am on Thursday 3rd October, to coincide with the Founder Members’ Restitution Ball that evening.
Promising a truly alternative women’s magazine, with a focus on life not lifestyle, the Feminist Times website will launch with the first column from our radical agony aunts, pieces covering feminist catfights and the marketing of austerity, plus much more.
Feminist Times will be a feminist Private Eye, combining mordantly witty humour and satire with serious in-depth analyses of the complexities of modern femininity.
As a mainstream feminist media platform, we want to represent the wonderful diversity of modern feminism – we already know we have a broad appeal because our membership ranges from teenagers to grandmothers.
Notes to editors:
- Feminist Times is a non-profit company, limited by guarantee
- Feminist Times will combine a website, magazine and campaigning arm,drawing on the UK’s wealth of grassroots feminist activism
- The Feminist Times website will be free to access
- Feminist Times is free from PR and advertising; instead it is funded byour members and patrons, who each pay what they can afford
- All members receive a subscription to the print magazine, which willlaunch later this year, and access to our “3D feminism” eventsFurther information can be found in our FAQs here