May 15th-18th 2014 at the University of Nebraska at Omaha
All conference activities will take place in the Milo Bail Student Center
• This conference provides an opportunity for scholars at all career levels to engage closely with one another about research interests, professional development, and feminist practices (broadly defined) while immersed in an affable, sociable, and supportive environment.
This Conference is a Child- and nursing-friendly place.
Why this conference is Unique:
- Research paper presentations that share research ideas through panels and question-and-answer sessions (rather than stand-alone research presentations).
- Café- and Salon-style sessions for exploring themes and topics in-depth acrossmultiple perspectives.
- Professional development workshops addressing writing, teaching, publishing, thejob market, work-life balance and more.
- Strategy workshops on surviving the challenges of graduate school and early-career work; addressing mental health issues; surviving as a lone feminist in a geography department; challenges faced by women of colour in geography; and more.
- Multiple opportunities to socialize, relax, and get to know one another during nutrition breaks, meals, and other activities.CALL FOR PARTICIPATION
We are excited to invite submissions for a wide range of stimulating, interactive and in- depth sessions. We encourage participants to consider submissions that differ from traditional conference presentation formats. The deadline for submissions is: January 15, 2014.
There are several different ways to participate. Below is a list and description of the types of sessions we have decided to use for this conference.
- Research Oriented Sessions
- Topical or Thematic Sessions
- Visual or Performance-Oriented Sessions
- Professional Development SessionsWebsite: http://femgeogconference.wordpress.com/ Twitter: https://twitter.com/femgeog