9th Equality, Diversity and Inclusion International Conference (EDI) 22 – 24 June 2016, University of Cyprus, Cyprus
Stream title: Intersectional approaches to climate change
Empirical and conceptual submissions are not limited to, but may wish to consider:
● How gender informs experiences of working within organisations dedicated to mitigating the effects of climate change. Further, how does gender intersect with other social identities, such as ‘race’, ethnicity, sexuality, disability to inform these experiences.
● How is gender, and other intersecting social identities, (re)produced within climate change organisations? What are the effects of these (re)productions on efforts to mitigate climate change and its effects?
● The dynamics of how gender intersects with other social identities for understanding and mitigating the effects of climate change.
● How incorporating methodological approaches which enable temporal and contextual elements may help to reveal the intersectional dynamics of climate change.
● How can intersectional understandings be used to inform climate policy, and associated practice?
● Given the particular local effects of climate change, to what extent (and in what ways) are global organisations adapting their policies to local concerns. This may include working relationships with indigenous peoples.
● To what extent are indigenous, and other non Western perspectives, welcome within academic debates on climate change?
● How, and to what extent, do new initiatives such as Green/Sustainable Human Resource Management create opportunities for organisations to challenge existing patterns of privilege/oppression?
The panel welcome queries prior to submission. Please contact Kate Sang (firstname.lastname@example.org) in the first instance. Further stream details can be found here
· Abstract (250 to 300 words) /Developmental/full paper submission: March 31, 2016 on
· Response to authors (acceptance / rejection): April 30, 2016.
· Deadline for full papers and best paper nominations and submission of best papers to the relevant associated journal (as agreed by submitter): May 30, 2016.